Monday, November 25, 2013

Thank you from "Boston Bronze and Stone Speak To Us"

With much gratitude I would like to thank everyone who has supported me with my book, "Boston Bronze and Stone Speak To Us". This past autumn semester has been extremely hectic with my book promotion and public speaking engagements. The Boston Public Libraries and surrounding suburban libraries have been supportive of the historical and artistic significance of our Boston Monuments. The Women's Clubs, Rotary Clubs, Public Schools, The State House Staff, The Beacon Hill Seminars, The Brookline Adult Education Program and the University of Massachusetts Campus at Columbia Point Boston have all been supportive. I am grateful, honored and humbled that so many have expressed to me not only how beautiful my book is but also how useful it has been for them when further understanding the significance of our Boston Monuments.

Each one of the people associated with these institutional groups has felt the artist's ideas, feelings as well as emotions embedded within each of our Boston's sculptures.

More monuments have and are still being created by our American sculptors for our newly recognized  leaders and most recent historical events.

Our monuments speak to us in many ways. The diversity and expanse of age of the people in my audiences impressed me at the conclusion of each talk.

I wish all of you a happy holiday season.

All the best,
Joe Gallo

No comments:

Post a Comment