Thursday, November 17, 2016

Who Is Using My Boston Monument Guide Book? Amazon Readers are That's Who.

on December 12, 2012
I bought it as a gift for someone else, but decided I wanted to keep it for myself. It's so interesting to look through and my goal is to go on hunts, looking for statues and sculptures all over the Boston area. I'm less than an hour away and can't wait to hunt down my favorites; my book is full of little post-it flags that I have to see in person. It's like a treasure hunt. What a great idea someone had to put this book together!
Comment|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
on December 13, 2011
Love this book! I am not a history buff, but I do love art and sculpture. The pictures are gorgeous and I really appreciate how simplified this book is. There are cute little maps indicating where to find these beautiful Boston gems ... many I didn't know existed and I've lived in Boston for 20+ years! After I come out of hibernation this winter, I plan to take myself on a tour in the Spring to see some of these. This could be a fun little Christmas gift too.
Comment|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
on December 12, 2011
What a delightful and informative tour of Boston!! The pictures are spectacular and the research is thorough and informative. Joe Gallo's love of Boston is apparent on every page. This book is a must for anyone who has been to Boston or is planning a trip there. The beauty and grandeur of New England's first city is breathtaking. Kudos to Joe Gallo for this labor of love!
Comment|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
on July 10, 2013
This is a very nice book with lots of interesting facts, especially for locals!! It is nice to have some knowledge about the city sculptures we all walk by time after time, with no real awareness of their significance. Great gift, worth the $$$.
Comment|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
on June 24, 2013
The author appeared on WCVB Chronicle program. Visited many of the sculptures starting with my grandmother as a guide in the 1950's I wanted to have the memories brought to life as we are leaving Massachusetts for Florida. This is a great work of art and education.

This Boston monument guide book can be purchased on Amazon.com and local boston Book Stores such as "I Am Books" North End.

Boston Is America, America is Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment